MRCDC and Montana Conservation Corps are excited to announce that we are accepting applications for the position of Missouri River Watershed Program Coordinator! Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Missouri River Watershed Program Coordinator implements protection initiatives along the Missouri Watershed in partnership with the Missouri River Conservation Districts Council (MRCDC), local Conservation Districts and local landowners. The individual will build partnerships and identify potential partners for enrollment in programs, such as Ranching for Rivers, NRCS Cropland Reserve Program and easements. They will also oversee and help supervise Individual Placement Program members placed in the watershed and specifically tasked with implementing the goals of the Healthy Watershed Consortium funding proposal. The position will work closely with MRCDC staff, World Wildlife Fund Staff, Northern Great Plains Joint Venture staff, local Natural Resource Conservation Service staff and watershed stakeholders to promote protection initiatives and identify sustainable funding opportunities that provide a lasting impact on the landscape while meeting the individual needs of local landowners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop positive relationships with Missouri Watershed stakeholders through various outreach initiatives
- Identify stakeholders interested in enrolling in/utilizing available programs
- Coordinate and oversee related AmeriCorps member activities in the watershed
- Provide necessary training on related initiatives to AmeriCorps members in the watershed
- Coordinate with partner staff to establish strategic plan for securing long-term, sustainable funding that drives initiatives forward for the next 25+ years
- Establish precedent through targeted projects and protection program enrollment to encourage additional partner buy-in
- Develop outreach materials related to specific programs and deliver presentations at local Conservation District/public meetings
- Travel extensively throughout the watershed to develop relationships, attend relevant local meetings and move initiatives forward
- Develop monthly updates/reports for partners
- Develop necessary grant reports, track in-kind match and conduct other administrative tasks as assigned
For more information on the Missouri River Watershed Program Coordinator position, application, or for any other questions, please contact Bryan Wilson, MCC Associate Director, 406-587-4475, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Casey, MRCDC Coordinator at 406-454-0056, or email@example.com.
The position was made possible by a Healthy Watersheds Consortium Grant obtained by MCC with cooperation from MRCDC and other partners.